1. Montana of 300- Ice cream truck
2. Kevin Gates- I Don’t Get Tired
3. Montana of 300- Air Jordan
4. Shy Glizzy- Legend
5. Fabolous- Lituation
6. Fabolous- Young OG
7. Fabolous- Ball Drop
8. Shy Glizzy- Funeral
These
songs are important to me because they are songs that I listen to daily and
these artists are all good rappers in my opinion. I first heard all of these
songs online on websites such as, youtube.com, worldstarhip.com, and
hotnewhiphop.com just to name a few. My playlist shows that I like hip hop a
lot. This true because hip hop is pretty much all that I listen to. Listening
to my playlist people would learn that I am a fan of lyricists. This meaning I
like rappers that rap well and talk about real life situations as well as tell
stories in their songs. An assumption that some people might make when
listening to my playlist is that I am a young violent African American man.
Some might think I am a “hoodlum” or a “gangster”. They might also assume that
I am out doing illegal things which is far from true because I am in college
trying to do the rights things and make a bright future for myself, I just
enjoy the hip hop culture and listening to hip hop music.
My
playlist shows my connection to the Hip Hop culture. The Hip Hop culture
derives from the African American culture so this shows my connection to my
ancestor’s culture. It began as a way for people in poor, minority communities
to express their feelings and to tell their stories. It was also used as an
outlet for people to forget about the bad things that were happening in their
lives and have fun. As well as be creative through something that has been
important to African American people throughout time, music.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHey Jovante! I enjoyed listening to your playlist. I'll be honest, I really had no idea what any of these songs were or who the artists were when I first looked at your playlist. I don't know much at all about rap, much less than most of my friends. However I do appreciate the genre and have been getting into Rhymesayers and other artists that are still rapping about real life stuff as opposed to the 'club' rappers or those that only talk about how much money and girls they get. although some of those can be fun to listen to too. Anyway thanks for the song recommendations! (:
ReplyDelete